Sunday, 13 July 2025

AI and Translation in National Security: An ICESCO Symposium in Rabat

We rarely hear about translation and interpreting in the context of national and international security. In July 2025 I presented a paper at a symposium on AI and translation in the field of national security, held at ICESCO headquarters in Rabat, Morocco. It was a genuinely significant event, one that added value to my profile and opened my eyes to new areas of translation and interpreting practice. With AI on the horizon, the attendees, myself included, exchanged some intriguing ideas.

Read the original LinkedIn post

#Translation #Security #ArtificialIntelligence #ICESCO #NaifUniversity #SoharUniversity

Symposium on AI and translation in national security, ICESCO headquarters, Rabat

Presenting at the ICESCO symposium in Rabat

Symposium participants at ICESCO, Rabat

Symposium session at ICESCO headquarters

Symposium on AI and translation in national security, Rabat

No comments:

Beyond the Silo: Why the Future of Translation Is a Pedagogical Challenge

For a long time I felt I was balancing two professional identities. I was a scholar of translation studies, immersed in the nuances of cross...