Tuesday 26 April 2022

Simultaneous interpreting ....fully online!

Last semester I taught the advanced course in simultaneous interpreting for my MA students at SEU . It was delivered fully online by then, but now it is delivered in a hybrid format. I used the interpreting environment on zoom ( you need to pay for it) to teach it. Students appreciated the experience of interpreting remotely and it did make sense for them that it could be done remotely ( I mean conference /simultaneous interpreting). The Zoom conference interpreting facility was the solution to go for at that time and  it did fulfill the requirements of the training purposes and objectives. Zoom replaced the interpreting lab environment and no technical issues were faced during the training sessions.

I was the designer and developer of this graduate course that contains 14 modules, 7 Critical thinking assignments, 6 discussion points, a mid and final exam. I am glad I was involved in the design/development and implementation of this course.



No comments:

Rethinking Assessment Methods in The Age of AI : Case of language or Multilingual studies

Rethinking assessment methods in the age of AI has become a must for any educationalist involved in higher education context or K12 at large...